Grande Shores Ocean Resort has always been known for its high standard of cleanliness and now is adopting even stricter measures in light of the current circumstances. Grande Shores' highest priority is the health, safety and security of our guests & employees. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments:
City of Myrtle Beach | Horry County Government | South Carolina DHEC
The City of Myrtle Beach has enacted a mask ordinance requiring face coverings in retail establishments and enclosed common areas of all overnight accommodations establishments effective July 2, 2020. For your safety, please bring masks to use while accessing the elevators, lobby, and any other enclosed areas of the resort. Face masks are not required at the pool areas, beach, or outdoors. For more information on the City of Myrtle Beach's mask ordinance, please view Mask Ordinance FAQ's or the Executive Order.
For your convenience and continued social distancing practice we have the following online capabilities and payment options.
- Pre-Pay: You can pay in advance online through our payment portal.
- Pre-Register: To ensure minimum contact and a speedy check in, we are requesting prior to your arrival that you complete the pre-registration forms online.
- Apple & Google Pay: Apple & Google Pay are now available at check in.
Our Front Desk will be closed on Sundays and Mondays from 11PM - 7AM. During this time, security will be on-site and available to assist guests checking in after hours.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Grande Shores' health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Specific steps Grande Shores is taking include:
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge
Grande Shores associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Safety: All employees will wear a mask in public areas. We require all employees to get a temperature check each day before beginning their shift.
- Ongoing Training: Training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
Grande Shores uses EPA approved cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Grande Shores uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items. Housekeeping will provide Door Service for trash / towels and in-room amenities as we are practicing social distancing for the safety of our guests and staff. Please place trash and towels outside your room and call the front desk for pick up.
- Public Spaces: Grande Shores has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Resort Amenities: Access to certain amenities, including but not limited to our restaurant, pools and fitness center, may be limited or restricted in accordance with state or local government guidelines.
- Our pools are open with the following guidelines in place:
- 6 foot social distancing between families or social groups should be followed.
- We are requesting guests limit usage of pool chairs to 2 hours for everyone's enjoyment.
- Shoreline Cafe is open with limited hours of operation.
- Shoreline Cafe is currently closed on Mondays
- Breakfast: 7AM - 10AM Tuesday - Friday and 7AM - 11AM Saturday & Sunday
- Dinner: 5PM - 8PM Tuesday - Thursday and 5PM - 9PM Friday - Sunday
- The pool bar & grill is open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 11AM - 5PM, weather permitting.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” Grande Shores is increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
Risk-Free Vacation Guarantee:
Continue to book with confidence! We're offering a Risk-Free Vacation Guarantee* for reservations travelling through December 31, 2020!
- No deposit will be charged until 72 hours prior to arrival.
- Reservation can be cancelled without penalty up to 72 hours of arrival.
*Not applicable for existing reservations, reservations booked with our Prepay & Save rate or as a golf package. If the credit card declines when the deposit is processed 72 hours prior to arrival, the reservation will automatically be cancelled.
We invite you to stay and play, but don't let your COVID cleanliness habits go away! Together we can make a difference.